Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Counter design

When planning you cooking station you want to ensure you have plenty of counter space. One of the things I did not like in prefabricated cooking stations was the lack of counter space. I need to put my dishes with uncooked food and cooked food close to the BBQ. I also need to put my basting ingredients close so that I can have quick and easy access.


Chose your counter top material carefully. Food, spices and grease will drop on your counter. If you use tile the spill could stain your counter and make it painful to clean up. If you install marble or other porous stone you can stain the stone if it is not sealed properly. My personal preference is granite slab, you can get prefabricated granite slab fairly cheap. Make sure you use a good installer that knows how to prep the surface for installation and can cut the slab to size using the appropriate diamond blade.

1 comment:

  1. Would it be ok to run the seating counter height bar behind the gas grill? My hubsand doesn't want to raise the seating bar area, but I want to be sure you can put a bar stool behind the gas grill. There is about 24" behind the open grill lid.

    ReplyDelete